Laboratory for laser microstructuring
The main scientific-research fields and output goals:
- new methods for precision laser microstructuring
- research of fs laser procedures in dentistry and medicine
- development of 3D microdevices
- improve the quality of surface material texturing
- to enhance the control of 3D structures
Improvement of quality and precision of laser microstructuring will be done by spatial shaping of the laser beam, adaptive pulse shaping in time domain and reduction in wavelength and fluence. In the field of health it is very important to minimize the heat damage in the living tissue due to the built up heat from the laser.
This is also partially achieved using femtosecond laser pulses with low repetition rates. All improvements in the laser-matter interaction will be used to produce 2D and 3D microfluidic, microoptic or microsensing devices, to improve procedures in laser applications in dentistry.